Karnataka manage a point as Uthappa, Kapoor hit tons
Hubli: India discard Robin Uthappa and rookie Kunal Kapoor hit centuries as Karnataka batted out the whole of final day to manage a point against Haryana in their penultimate Ranji Trophy group league encounter here today.
After being enforced follow on by the visitors, Karnataka scored 332 for two in their second innings as the match was called off in the third mandatory over after Kapoor reached his second century of the match.
Kapoor had yesterday scored his maiden first-class century and on the very next day scored his second to finish off a memorable match.
The normally inconsistent Uthappa also scored his first century of the season and his 13th in first-class cricket as he was out scoring 137 off 172 balls with 22 boundaries.
Kapoor remained unbeaten on 100 having faced 215 balls and hit 15 fours. Wicketkeeper CM Gautham also threw his bat around and helped himself with a half century as the Haryana bowlers got only two wickets on the final day.
Having started the day at 61 for no loss, Karnataka lost Lokesh Rahul at score of 90 when he was cleaned up by Mohit Sharma. Lokesh scored 37. After that Uthappa and Kapoor were involved in a 152 runs partnership for the second wicket which virtually ended Haryana`s hopes of getting atleast seven points from the match.
Brief Scores: Haryana 587/9 decl.
Karnataka 272 & 332/2 (f/0) (Robin Uthappa 132, Kunal Kapoor 100 no, CM Gautham 50 no). Match drawn.
Points: Haryana 3; Karnataka 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him