Karnataka manage a point as Uthappa, Kapoor hit tons
Hubli: India discard Robin Uthappa and rookie Kunal Kapoor hit centuries as Karnataka batted out the whole of final day to manage a point against Haryana in their penultimate Ranji Trophy group league encounter here today.
After being enforced follow on by the visitors, Karnataka scored 332 for two in their second innings as the match was called off in the third mandatory over after Kapoor reached his second century of the match.
Kapoor had yesterday scored his maiden first-class century and on the very next day scored his second to finish off a memorable match.
The normally inconsistent Uthappa also scored his first century of the season and his 13th in first-class cricket as he was out scoring 137 off 172 balls with 22 boundaries.
Kapoor remained unbeaten on 100 having faced 215 balls and hit 15 fours. Wicketkeeper CM Gautham also threw his bat around and helped himself with a half century as the Haryana bowlers got only two wickets on the final day.
Having started the day at 61 for no loss, Karnataka lost Lokesh Rahul at score of 90 when he was cleaned up by Mohit Sharma. Lokesh scored 37. After that Uthappa and Kapoor were involved in a 152 runs partnership for the second wicket which virtually ended Haryana`s hopes of getting atleast seven points from the match.
Brief Scores: Haryana 587/9 decl.
Karnataka 272 & 332/2 (f/0) (Robin Uthappa 132, Kunal Kapoor 100 no, CM Gautham 50 no). Match drawn.
Points: Haryana 3; Karnataka 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way