Kashmiri cricketers boycott Ranji match alleging biasness
Zeenews Sports Burea
New Delhi: The Jammu & Kashmir team was missing some its top players in a Ranji match that it lost to Andhra Pradesh by an innings on Monday.
The reason behind their absence isn’t injury or form related issue but to a divide that has resulted in a feud between Kashmiri players and the team management.
According to a report, twelve Kashmiri players boycotted the round-four fixture against Andhra Pradesh alleging biased selection.
J&K captain Samiullah Beigh has accused the team management of preferring players from Jammu region over Kashmir.
The players had earlier boycotted a practice session a day after the team for the third match was announced protesting against the biased selection
According to a report, the players had written to J&K Cricket Association (JKCA) President Dr Farooq Abdullah regarding the whole matter. The players decided to give the match a skip after failing to get any response from JKCA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test