Kashmiri cricketers boycott Ranji match alleging biasness
Zeenews Sports Burea
New Delhi: The Jammu & Kashmir team was missing some its top players in a Ranji match that it lost to Andhra Pradesh by an innings on Monday.
The reason behind their absence isn’t injury or form related issue but to a divide that has resulted in a feud between Kashmiri players and the team management.
According to a report, twelve Kashmiri players boycotted the round-four fixture against Andhra Pradesh alleging biased selection.
J&K captain Samiullah Beigh has accused the team management of preferring players from Jammu region over Kashmir.
The players had earlier boycotted a practice session a day after the team for the third match was announced protesting against the biased selection
According to a report, the players had written to J&K Cricket Association (JKCA) President Dr Farooq Abdullah regarding the whole matter. The players decided to give the match a skip after failing to get any response from JKCA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- GST deadlock: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers today
- Olympic Village repairs could take all week: Brazil
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong