KCA decides to extend Sujith Somasunder`s contract
Kozhikode: Kerala Cricket Association on Wednesday decided to extend the contract with Kerala Ranji Trophy cricket coach Sujith Somasunder for another one year.
Somasunder`s contract had been extended considering his coaching performances last year in which the Kerala Ranji Trophy cricket team had done well, T C Mathew, Secretary KCA, said here.
He said that as part of KCA`s `Mission 2020` project, Association was taking all steps for improving infrastructure facilities and to provide intensive cricket coaching at state and district levels.
Kerala had been honouring cricket players who had contributed for the game, under a programme titled `Award Night`. This year the award night will be held here on May 30, he said.
KCA was prepared to develop Kozhikode E M S Memorial Corporation stadium into a cricket stadium and talks in this regard was being held with Kozhikode Corporation officials, he said.
Kerala Ranji trophy cricket opening batsman V Jagadeesh has been chosen as `cricketer of the Year for `S K Nair Award` 2012-13, for his brilliant performance last year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch