Kerala 211/5 against Assam on Day 1
Malappuram (Kerala): Off-spinner Arlen Konwar scalped three wickets to keep Assam in the hunt after hosts Kerala ended the opening day at 211 for five in their Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Saturday.
Konwar returned with figures of three for 49 to bring Assam back into the match after Abhishek Hegde (46) and V A Jagadeesh (40) gave Kerala a solid start, sharing 85 runs for the opening stand.
Konwar accounted for the wickets of Hegde, Rohan Prem (36) and Raiphi Gomez, while left-arm spinner Jamaluddin Syed Mohammad dismissed Sanju Samson (20) as Kerala undid all the good work of their openers, losing three wickets in six overs to slide to 158 for five from 144 for two.
But Robert Fernandez (38 not out) and Akshay Kodoth (22 not out) ensured that there was no further damage to the hosts, putting on unbeaten 58 runs for the sixth wicket.
Kerala: 211 for five in 90 overs (Abhishek Hegde 46, V A Jagadeesh 40; Arlen Konwar 3/49).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest