Kerala eye big first-innings lead against Tripura
Agartala: Centurion Rohan Prem and Unnikrishnan Manukrishnan were the stars of the day as Kerala took control of their Group C Ranji Trophy match against Tripura here on Sunday.
Prem scored 170 off 364 balls while left-arm medium pacer Manukrishnan picked four for 20 as Kerala, after posting 400 in their first innings, reduced the hosts to 55 for four at the Maharaja Bir Bikram College Stadium.
Resuming on 275 for five, Kerala rode on Prem`s knock, which contained 20 fours, to make a big total.
Tripura trailed the hosts by another 345 runs with six wickets remaining.
Kerala 1st innings: 400 all out in 131.1 overs (Rohan Prem 170; Timir Chanda 4/77, Manisankar Murasingh 3/79)
Tripura 1st innings: 55/4 in 31 overs (Unnikrishnan Manukrishnan 4/20).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez