Konwar`s six-wicket haul restricts Jharkhand to 174
Jamshedpur: Arlen Konwar shone with the ball with a six-wicket haul as Assam bundled out Jharkhand for 174 after scoring 179 in their first innings on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match, here on Saturday.
Spinner Konwar emerged as the wrecker-in-chief, polishing off the middle and lower order with his off-break while pacers Abu Nechim Ahmed and Syed Mohammad also scalped two wickets apiece to restrict the hosts in 76.1 overs at Keenan Stadium.
Opener Rameez Nemat top scored for Jharkhand with a patient 99-ball 53, which was studded with five fours. Other notable scorers for the hosts were Sourabh Tiwary (33), Ishank Jaggi (23) and Deepak Chougule (22).
Jharkhand batsmen got starts but they failed to capitalise on it and lost wickets at regular intervals.
Jharkhand lost opener Manish Vardhan (11) in the 15th over when he was caught by wicketkeeper Rajdeep Das off Ahmed.
Konwar struck in the 29th over when he had Jaggi adjudged leg before. Syed Mohammad then picked up Nemat, while Tiwary became Konwar`s second victim.
Ahmed then got rid off Chougule as the hosts were looking down the barrel at 146 for five in 64.2 overs.
Konwar then went on to claim wicketkeeper Shiv Gautam (6) and Sunny Gupta (11) and Jaskaran Singh (0) to complete his five wicket haul, while Syed Mohammad picked up skipper Shahbaz Nadeem (14).
Konwar wrapped up the Jharkhand innings when he had Shankar Rao (0) caught by Ahmed.
In reply, Assam batted for 12 overs and scored 27 runs for the loss of openers Pallavkumar Ds (20) and skipper Dheeraj Jadhav (7).
When stumps were drawn, Amit Sinha (0) was at the crease.
Assam: 179 & 27/2 in 11.5 overs (Pallavkumar Das 20; Shahbaz Nadeem 1/4).
Jharkhand Ist innings: 174 all out in 76.1 overs (Rameez Nemat 53, sourabh Tiwary 33, Arlen Konwar 6/67).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM