Lower order ensure 1st innings lead for HP
Jammu: Riding on its lower order`s impressive performance, Himachal Pradesh took a vital 14-run first innings lead over hosts Jammu and Kashmir as wickets kept tumbling like nine pins on the second day of a Ranji Trophy Group C match here on Sunday.
Resuming at 26 for no loss, Himachal Pradesh were bowled out for 189 runs in their first innings in reply to J&K`s 175 with medium pacer Ram Dayal picking up six wickets for 50 runs.
Wicket-keeper Aatish Bhalik top-scored for Himachal Pradesh with a 135-ball 40.
J&K were no better in their second essay as, at stumps, the hosts lost three wickets with the scoreboard reading just 16.
For Himachal Pradesh, pacer Rishu Dhawan picked up two wickets for six runs, while Vikramjeet Malik accounted for the other J&K batsman.
An outright result is very much on the cards as J&K are just two runs ahead of Himachal Pradesh with two full days play still remaining in the match.
Himachal Pradesh: 189 all out in 80.2 overs (Aatish Bhalik 40, Karanveer Singh 34; Ram Dayal 6/50).
Jammu and Kashmir: 175 & 16 for three in nine overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town