Maharashtra bundle out Haryana for 257
Pune: Anupam Sanklecha and Shrikant Mundhe led a disciplined bowling effort as Maharashtra bundled out Haryana for 257 on the first day of their Group B Ranji Trophy match here on Saturday.
Maharashtra are yet to start their innings.
Medium-pacer Sanklecha returned impressive figures of three for 38, while Mundhe finished with three for 61 to push the visitors on to the backfoot.
The duo was well supported by Samad Fallah, who took two for 70, and Chirag Khurana (1/29).
Although quite a few visiting team`s batsmen chipped in with important runs but wickets kept falling at regular intervals and that certainly did not help Haryana`s cause.
The highest wicket partnership of 66 runs came from the eighth wicket stand by Jayant Yadav and Mohit Sharma (22).
Jayant topped the scoring for Haryana with a knock of 63 that came off 110 balls, and was studded with eight hits to the fence and a six.
Yatharth Tomar (48), Rahul Dewan (42) and Amit Mishra (35) also contributed to the team`s total.
Haryana: 257 all out in 85.2 overs (Jayant Yadav 63, Yatharth Tomar 48; Anupam Sanklecha 3/38, Shrikant Mundhe 3/61).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez