Maharashtra bundle out Haryana for 257
Pune: Anupam Sanklecha and Shrikant Mundhe led a disciplined bowling effort as Maharashtra bundled out Haryana for 257 on the first day of their Group B Ranji Trophy match here on Saturday.
Maharashtra are yet to start their innings.
Medium-pacer Sanklecha returned impressive figures of three for 38, while Mundhe finished with three for 61 to push the visitors on to the backfoot.
The duo was well supported by Samad Fallah, who took two for 70, and Chirag Khurana (1/29).
Although quite a few visiting team`s batsmen chipped in with important runs but wickets kept falling at regular intervals and that certainly did not help Haryana`s cause.
The highest wicket partnership of 66 runs came from the eighth wicket stand by Jayant Yadav and Mohit Sharma (22).
Jayant topped the scoring for Haryana with a knock of 63 that came off 110 balls, and was studded with eight hits to the fence and a six.
Yatharth Tomar (48), Rahul Dewan (42) and Amit Mishra (35) also contributed to the team`s total.
Haryana: 257 all out in 85.2 overs (Jayant Yadav 63, Yatharth Tomar 48; Anupam Sanklecha 3/38, Shrikant Mundhe 3/61).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference