Maharashtra produce better show in second innings
Pune: Harshad Khadiwale scored a well-made century as, following on, Maharashtra produced a much-better batting effort to finish day three on 315 for two against Karnataka in Group B match here on Monday.
Khadiwale scored 136 off 193 balls with the help of 19 boundaries and a lone six, while Sangram Dilip Atitkar (78) and Ankit Bawne (80 not out) also made fine contributions with the bat to keep Maharashtra in the game.
H S Sharath and Syed Khaja Moinuddin picked up a wicket each for Karnataka.
Earlier resuming at the overnight score of 58 for one, Maharashtra were bundled out for a meagre 99 in their first innings in reply to Karnataka`s 572 for nine declared.
Medium-pacer Abhimanyu Mithun scalped six wickets for 36 runs, while Stuart Binny picked up four for 37.
Following on, Maharashtra batsmen gave a better account of themselves in their second innings with Khadiwale and Atitkar sharing a 156-run opening stand.
After Atitkar`s dismissal, Khadiwale joined hands with Bawne and the duo stitched 146 runs for the second wicket to take Maharshtra forward.
At stumps on the penultimate day of the match, Maharashtra still trail Karnataka by 158 runs with eight wickets in hand.
Karnataka 1st Innings: 572 for nine decl in 158.5 overs
Maharshtra: 99 & 315 for two in 74 overs (Harshad Khadiwale 136, Ankit Bawne 80, Sangram Dilip Atitkar 78; H S Sharath 1/54).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Injured Jesse Ryder ends Essex stay
- After 22 months, NASA regains contact with sun-watching STEREO-B spacecraft!
- Parents, beware: Your lack of involvement might be making your child obese!
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to inaugurate BRICS meet on arbitration
- Raveena Tandon 'honoured' to receive award from Dharmendra