Maharashtra take first-innings lead
Pune: An unbeaten century from Sangram Dilp Atitkar helped Maharashtra take the first-innings lead against Harayana in their Group B Ranji Trophy match here today.
Sangram remained unbeaten on 118 along captain Rohit Motwani (11) as Maharashtra ended Day 2 on 302 for the loss of three wickets. Sangram faced 188 balls and his knock was laced with 14 boundaries and a six.
Earlier, Harshad Khadiwale (43) and Virag Awate (38) laid a strong foundation with an opening-stand of 77 runs.
Test discard Amit Mishra dismissed both the openers in quick time.
Sangram was then joined by young Ankit Bawne (83) as they stiched together a 177-run partnership for the third wicket, taking their team past Haryana`s score of 257.
Ankit`s half century was studded with 12 fours and a six before he was dismissed by pacer Mohit Sharma.
Maharashtra are 45 runs ahead of Haryana`s first-innings total with seven wickets left.
Haryana: 257 all out
Maharashtra: 302 for three in 90 overs (Sangram Dilp Atitkar 118 not out, Ankit Bawne 83; Amit Mishra 2/41).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter