Maharashtra take first-innings lead
Pune: An unbeaten century from Sangram Dilp Atitkar helped Maharashtra take the first-innings lead against Harayana in their Group B Ranji Trophy match here today.
Sangram remained unbeaten on 118 along captain Rohit Motwani (11) as Maharashtra ended Day 2 on 302 for the loss of three wickets. Sangram faced 188 balls and his knock was laced with 14 boundaries and a six.
Earlier, Harshad Khadiwale (43) and Virag Awate (38) laid a strong foundation with an opening-stand of 77 runs.
Test discard Amit Mishra dismissed both the openers in quick time.
Sangram was then joined by young Ankit Bawne (83) as they stiched together a 177-run partnership for the third wicket, taking their team past Haryana`s score of 257.
Ankit`s half century was studded with 12 fours and a six before he was dismissed by pacer Mohit Sharma.
Maharashtra are 45 runs ahead of Haryana`s first-innings total with seven wickets left.
Haryana: 257 all out
Maharashtra: 302 for three in 90 overs (Sangram Dilp Atitkar 118 not out, Ankit Bawne 83; Amit Mishra 2/41).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh