Maharashtra take first-innings lead
Pune: An unbeaten century from Sangram Dilp Atitkar helped Maharashtra take the first-innings lead against Harayana in their Group B Ranji Trophy match here today.
Sangram remained unbeaten on 118 along captain Rohit Motwani (11) as Maharashtra ended Day 2 on 302 for the loss of three wickets. Sangram faced 188 balls and his knock was laced with 14 boundaries and a six.
Earlier, Harshad Khadiwale (43) and Virag Awate (38) laid a strong foundation with an opening-stand of 77 runs.
Test discard Amit Mishra dismissed both the openers in quick time.
Sangram was then joined by young Ankit Bawne (83) as they stiched together a 177-run partnership for the third wicket, taking their team past Haryana`s score of 257.
Ankit`s half century was studded with 12 fours and a six before he was dismissed by pacer Mohit Sharma.
Maharashtra are 45 runs ahead of Haryana`s first-innings total with seven wickets left.
Haryana: 257 all out
Maharashtra: 302 for three in 90 overs (Sangram Dilp Atitkar 118 not out, Ankit Bawne 83; Amit Mishra 2/41).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies