Maharashtra take first-innings lead
Pune: An unbeaten century from Sangram Dilp Atitkar helped Maharashtra take the first-innings lead against Harayana in their Group B Ranji Trophy match here today.
Sangram remained unbeaten on 118 along captain Rohit Motwani (11) as Maharashtra ended Day 2 on 302 for the loss of three wickets. Sangram faced 188 balls and his knock was laced with 14 boundaries and a six.
Earlier, Harshad Khadiwale (43) and Virag Awate (38) laid a strong foundation with an opening-stand of 77 runs.
Test discard Amit Mishra dismissed both the openers in quick time.
Sangram was then joined by young Ankit Bawne (83) as they stiched together a 177-run partnership for the third wicket, taking their team past Haryana`s score of 257.
Ankit`s half century was studded with 12 fours and a six before he was dismissed by pacer Mohit Sharma.
Maharashtra are 45 runs ahead of Haryana`s first-innings total with seven wickets left.
Haryana: 257 all out
Maharashtra: 302 for three in 90 overs (Sangram Dilp Atitkar 118 not out, Ankit Bawne 83; Amit Mishra 2/41).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed