Maharashtra take first-innings lead
Pune: An unbeaten century from Sangram Dilp Atitkar helped Maharashtra take the first-innings lead against Harayana in their Group B Ranji Trophy match here today.
Sangram remained unbeaten on 118 along captain Rohit Motwani (11) as Maharashtra ended Day 2 on 302 for the loss of three wickets. Sangram faced 188 balls and his knock was laced with 14 boundaries and a six.
Earlier, Harshad Khadiwale (43) and Virag Awate (38) laid a strong foundation with an opening-stand of 77 runs.
Test discard Amit Mishra dismissed both the openers in quick time.
Sangram was then joined by young Ankit Bawne (83) as they stiched together a 177-run partnership for the third wicket, taking their team past Haryana`s score of 257.
Ankit`s half century was studded with 12 fours and a six before he was dismissed by pacer Mohit Sharma.
Maharashtra are 45 runs ahead of Haryana`s first-innings total with seven wickets left.
Haryana: 257 all out
Maharashtra: 302 for three in 90 overs (Sangram Dilp Atitkar 118 not out, Ankit Bawne 83; Amit Mishra 2/41).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win