Maharashtra vs Goa Ranji match ends in draw
Pune: Goa lower order batsmen frustrated Maharashtra with a resolute batting display as their Ranji Trophy Group C match ended in a draw, on the final day here today.
Wicketkeeper Keenan Vaz (57) and number nine Saurabh Bandekar (63) produced solid batting show after Hanumant Gadekar was out on 95 after adding just 12 runs to his overnight 83 to lead Goa to 439 all out.
Goa consumed 46.3 overs today for the addition of 142 runs after resuming the day at 297 for five and Maharashtra decided not to impose a follow on, despite taking a 196-run first innings lead.
In their second innings, Maharashtra were at 109 for three in 26 overs before the match ended in a draw.
Maharashtra secured three points from the drawn match while Goa got one.
Goa: 439 all out in 162.3 overs (Hanumant Gadekar 95; Domnic Joseph 4/82) and 109 for 3 in 26 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest