Maharashtra vs Goa Ranji match ends in draw
Pune: Goa lower order batsmen frustrated Maharashtra with a resolute batting display as their Ranji Trophy Group C match ended in a draw, on the final day here today.
Wicketkeeper Keenan Vaz (57) and number nine Saurabh Bandekar (63) produced solid batting show after Hanumant Gadekar was out on 95 after adding just 12 runs to his overnight 83 to lead Goa to 439 all out.
Goa consumed 46.3 overs today for the addition of 142 runs after resuming the day at 297 for five and Maharashtra decided not to impose a follow on, despite taking a 196-run first innings lead.
In their second innings, Maharashtra were at 109 for three in 26 overs before the match ended in a draw.
Maharashtra secured three points from the drawn match while Goa got one.
Goa: 439 all out in 162.3 overs (Hanumant Gadekar 95; Domnic Joseph 4/82) and 109 for 3 in 26 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday