Maharashtra vs Goa Ranji match ends in draw
Pune: Goa lower order batsmen frustrated Maharashtra with a resolute batting display as their Ranji Trophy Group C match ended in a draw, on the final day here today.
Wicketkeeper Keenan Vaz (57) and number nine Saurabh Bandekar (63) produced solid batting show after Hanumant Gadekar was out on 95 after adding just 12 runs to his overnight 83 to lead Goa to 439 all out.
Goa consumed 46.3 overs today for the addition of 142 runs after resuming the day at 297 for five and Maharashtra decided not to impose a follow on, despite taking a 196-run first innings lead.
In their second innings, Maharashtra were at 109 for three in 26 overs before the match ended in a draw.
Maharashtra secured three points from the drawn match while Goa got one.
Goa: 439 all out in 162.3 overs (Hanumant Gadekar 95; Domnic Joseph 4/82) and 109 for 3 in 26 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider