Makvana takes six as Saurashtra get three pts against Railways
Rajkot: After scoring a century yesterday, seasoned off-spinner Kamlesh Makvana did his star turn with the ball taking six wickets as Saurashtra managed to get a point against Railways in a Ranji Trophy encounter on Tuesday.
Replying to Saurashtra`s mammoth 576 for nine, Railways were all-out for 335 conceding a huge first innings lead of 241 runs. After being enforced follow-on, Railways scored 27 in the inconsequential 17 overs.
For the home team, Makvana took six for 102 while triple centurion Ravindra Jadeja got three wickets for 109 runs as Railways first innings ended after 133 overs. Between Jadeja and Makvana, they bowled 87 overs on a flat track which had nothing on offer for bowlers.
The highlight of the Railways innings was 110-run second wicket partnership between Shivakant Shukla and Vairamudi Cheluvaraj. Shukla scored 82 with 13 hits to the fence while Cheluvaraj got useful 53 runs.
The other significant partnership was 74 runs for the eighth wicket between Parag Madkaikar who remained not out on 68 while veteran India discard Murali Kartik played an entertaining knock of run-a-ball 62 with eight fours and two sixes.
Brief Scores: Saurashtra 576/9 dec.
Railways 335 in 133 overs (Shivakant Shukla 82, Parag Madkaikar 68 no, Murali Kartik 62, Kamlesh Makvana 6/102, Ravindra Jadeja 3/109). Match Drawn.
Points: Saurashtra 3; Railways 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets