Malik fifer puts HP in control
Jammu: Paceman Vikramjeet Malik returned with a five-wicket haul to bundle out Jammu and Kashmir for a paltry 175 and put Himachal Pradesh in a commanding position on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
Malik scalped five wickets for 41 runs, while Rishi Dhawan and left-arm spinner Mukesh Sharma picked up two wickets apiece to wreck havoc on J&K batsmen.
Sent into bat, Ram Dayal top-scored for J&K with an unbeaten 35, while Owais Shah and wicket-keeper Obaid Haroon made 34 and 33 respectively.
At stumps, Himachal Pradesh were on 26 for no loss after eight overs in reply to J&K`s first innings total of 175.
Captain Aakash Chopra was unbeaten on 16 while giving him company was Varun Sharma on eight.
Jammu and Kashmir: 175 all out in 79.5 overs (Ram Dayal 35 not out; Vikramjeet Malik 5/41).
Himachal Pradesh: 26 for no loss in eight overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official