Marathe included in place of Sheikh in Mumbai Ranji squad
Mumbai: Wicketkeeper-batsman Sushant Marathe replaced batsman Shoaib Sheikh in the Mumbai squad that will take on Services in the Ranji Trophy semi-final at the Palam ground in New Delhi.
MCA joint secretary Nitin Dalal informed that 27-year-old Marathe, who has so far played 13 first-class matches has been included as a cover for Aditya Tare.
Mumbai, who last won the title in the 2009-10 season, last played against two-time semi finalists Services in 1965 at the Cricket Club of India`s Brabourne Stadium.
Mumbai, who made the last four by getting the better of Baroda by virtue of taking a huge first innings lead in the quarter finals that ended in a draw today at the Wankhede Stadium, had requested the BCCI to be given a chance to host the semi-final.
But the BCCI stuck to its rotation policy and decided that Services would be the hosts of the game, it was learnt.
Mumbai Squad: Ajit Agarkar (Capt), Sachin Tendulkar, Wasim Jaffer, Suryakumar Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni, Kaustubh Pawar, Abhishek Nayar, Hiken Shah, Aditya Tare, Ankit Chavan, Nikhil Patil (Junior), Javed Khan, Sushant Marathe, Shardul Thakur and Vishal Dabholkar. Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing