Marathe included in place of Sheikh in Mumbai Ranji squad
Mumbai: Wicketkeeper-batsman Sushant Marathe replaced batsman Shoaib Sheikh in the Mumbai squad that will take on Services in the Ranji Trophy semi-final at the Palam ground in New Delhi.
MCA joint secretary Nitin Dalal informed that 27-year-old Marathe, who has so far played 13 first-class matches has been included as a cover for Aditya Tare.
Mumbai, who last won the title in the 2009-10 season, last played against two-time semi finalists Services in 1965 at the Cricket Club of India`s Brabourne Stadium.
Mumbai, who made the last four by getting the better of Baroda by virtue of taking a huge first innings lead in the quarter finals that ended in a draw today at the Wankhede Stadium, had requested the BCCI to be given a chance to host the semi-final.
But the BCCI stuck to its rotation policy and decided that Services would be the hosts of the game, it was learnt.
Mumbai Squad: Ajit Agarkar (Capt), Sachin Tendulkar, Wasim Jaffer, Suryakumar Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni, Kaustubh Pawar, Abhishek Nayar, Hiken Shah, Aditya Tare, Ankit Chavan, Nikhil Patil (Junior), Javed Khan, Sushant Marathe, Shardul Thakur and Vishal Dabholkar. Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid