Marathe included in place of Sheikh in Mumbai Ranji squad
Mumbai: Wicketkeeper-batsman Sushant Marathe replaced batsman Shoaib Sheikh in the Mumbai squad that will take on Services in the Ranji Trophy semi-final at the Palam ground in New Delhi.
MCA joint secretary Nitin Dalal informed that 27-year-old Marathe, who has so far played 13 first-class matches has been included as a cover for Aditya Tare.
Mumbai, who last won the title in the 2009-10 season, last played against two-time semi finalists Services in 1965 at the Cricket Club of India`s Brabourne Stadium.
Mumbai, who made the last four by getting the better of Baroda by virtue of taking a huge first innings lead in the quarter finals that ended in a draw today at the Wankhede Stadium, had requested the BCCI to be given a chance to host the semi-final.
But the BCCI stuck to its rotation policy and decided that Services would be the hosts of the game, it was learnt.
Mumbai Squad: Ajit Agarkar (Capt), Sachin Tendulkar, Wasim Jaffer, Suryakumar Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni, Kaustubh Pawar, Abhishek Nayar, Hiken Shah, Aditya Tare, Ankit Chavan, Nikhil Patil (Junior), Javed Khan, Sushant Marathe, Shardul Thakur and Vishal Dabholkar. Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Vodafone launches 4G services in Haryana; get 20 GB data at just Rs 999
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital