Mishra scores unbeaten 86 as Haryana reach 293/7
Hubli: Skipper Amit Mishra struck an unbeaten 86 and added 125 runs for the unbeaten seventh wicket stand with Jayant Yadav as Haryana ended the first day`s play of the Ranji Trophy Group B league encounter against Karnataka at 293 for seven.
Mishra and Yadav, who is batting on 64, came together when Haryana were in trouble at 168 for seven but for nearly 33 overs, the duo not only defied the host attack but also scored runs freely.
Mishra batted for nearly three and half hours facing 138 balls and hitting 10 boundaries. Yadav faced 110 deliveries and hit three fours as he proved to be an able ally for the India discard.
Karnataka skipper Stuart Binny`s decision to field was vindicated by his new ball bowlers HS Sharath and SL Akshay as they picked five of the seven wickets that fell on the day.
Among the Haryana top-order, only Sunny Singh contributed 56 off 142 balls with six boundaries while opener Rahul Dewan scored a quickfire 39 off 49 balls with seven boundaries.
But there was a middle-order collapse with the likes of Nitin Saini (24), Abhimanyu Khod (0), Rahul Dalal (1) and Joginder Sharma (3) failing to make an impact.
Right-arm medium pacer Akshay was the most successful bowler with figures of three for 59 while Sharath got two for 49.
Brief Scores: Haryana 293/7 (Amit Mishra 86 batting, Jayant Yadav 64 batting, SL Akshay 3/59) vs Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional