MP bowlers leave Saurashtra at 212/9
Rajkot: Ishwar Pandey led an impressive bowling effort by Madhya Pradesh as they left Saurashtra struggling at 212 for nine on the first day of their Group `A` Ranji Trophy match here on Saturday.
Pandey returned impressive figures of three for 37 while Ankeet Sharma and Rameez Khan took two wickets each after the visitors elected to bat at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium.
However, it was Anand Rajan who was the first one to strike for Madhya Pradesh, having Shintanshu Kotak trapped in front.
The hosts could not recover from the early blow and lost wickets at regular intervals.
Barring opener Sheldon Jackson (53) and Arpit Vasavada (54) and to some extent, Kamlesh makvana, who was batting on 41 at the draw of stums, none could make an impact for Saurashtra.
The day`s play ended with the wicket of Dharmendrasinh Jadeja.
Saurashtra 1st innings: 212/9 in 90 overs (Arpit Vasavada 54, Sheldon Jackson 53; Ishwar Pandey 3/37).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India