MP post 212 for five on day one against Railways
Bhubaneswar: A patient unbeaten half-century by Rameez Khan helped Madhya Pradesh reach 212 for five against Railways after the opening day`s play in their Ranji Trophy Group A match here today.
Rameez was batting on 82 off 221 balls when stumps were drawn at the East Coast Railway Sports Association stadium here. Giving him company at the other end was Anand Rajan, who is yet open his account.
After put in to bat by Railways, MP got off to a decent start, putting on 46 runs for the opening wicket before both the openers -- Zafar Ali (17) and Naman Ojha (27) -- fell in quick succession.
Rameez and Devendra Bundela (20) then joined hands to consolidate the innings and the duo shared a solid 59-run stand for the third wicket.
However, Bundela`s stay in the middle was cut short after he got run out.
Rameez then continued with his new partner in Udit Birla and stitched another important partnership -- this time off 69 runs for the fourth wicket -- to take MP forward.
Birla fell for a quickfire 42 off 54 balls with the help of five boundaries.
At the close of play, Rameez had hit 10 fours and spent 298 minutes at the crease.
Madhya Pradesh: 212 for five in 90 overs (Rameez Khan batting 82, Udit Birla 42; Krishnakant Upadhya 2/36).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information