MP post 377; reduce Rlys to 63 for 3 on day two
Bhubaneswar: Thanks to Rameez Khan`s hundred and a half-century knock by Anand Rajan, Madhya Pradesh posted 377 all out in their first innings and then reduced Railways to 63 for three on the second day of their Group A Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
At stumps, Railways were struggling with V Cheluvaraj batting on 10 and PM Madkaikar unbeaten on five.
Resuming the day on 212 for five, both the overnight batsmen -- Rameez and Rajan -- gave their team an ideal start.
While Rameez, starting on 82, went on to score a patient 128 off 362 balls with the help of 13 hits to the fence, Rajan, resuming on 0, hit a 203-ball 69 laced with six fours.
The duo put on a 94-run stand together for the sixth wicket to take the team past 300-run mark.
When Rameez got out, MP had already reached 304.
Rajan then continued in the company of the tailenders and was well supported by Harpreet Singh (16) and Ankit Sharma (21) -- to take the team forward.
For Railways, Sanjay Bangar was the pick of the bowlers with four for 81.
In reply to MP`s first innings total, Railways had a poor start as they lost both their openers, as well as the one down batsman cheaply to be reeling at just over 60, still trailing by a huge 314 runs with seven wickets in hand.
Tomorrow Railways would have play out of their skins if they want to overtake MP`s first innings score.
MP 1st innings: 377 all out in 155.5 overs (Rameez Khan 128, Anand Rajan 69; Sanjay Bangar 4/81).
Railways 1st innings: 63 for three in 21 overs (SS Shukla 27; Amarjeet Singh 1/10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note