Mumbai A, Ranji teams to be picked on Oct 26
Mumbai: The Mumbai `A` outfit, which will take on the visiting England cricket team in the three-day tour game from November 3-5 at the D Y Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai, is to be selected on October 26.
"We are going to select Mumbai `A` team for the tour game against England and the Ranji Trophy team for the opening league game on October 26," Mumbai Cricket Association`s joint secretary Nitin Dalal informed today.
The England-Mumbai `A` tour game will be preceded by the tourists` opening warm-up game against India `A` at the Brabourne Stadium here from October 30 to November 1.
The India `A` squad is to be picked on October 24 by Chairman Sandeep Patil and the other members of the national selection committee.
England are scheduled to arrive here in the early hours of October 29.
Mumbai, champions for 39 times in the Ranji Trophy, open their bid to regain the title after two years on November 2 when they clash with Railways at the Wankhede Stadium.
Senior India players Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan are available to play in the match. Ajit Agarkar has already been named to lead the side in the first four league games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof