Mumbai A, Ranji teams to be picked on Oct 26
Mumbai: The Mumbai `A` outfit, which will take on the visiting England cricket team in the three-day tour game from November 3-5 at the D Y Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai, is to be selected on October 26.
"We are going to select Mumbai `A` team for the tour game against England and the Ranji Trophy team for the opening league game on October 26," Mumbai Cricket Association`s joint secretary Nitin Dalal informed today.
The England-Mumbai `A` tour game will be preceded by the tourists` opening warm-up game against India `A` at the Brabourne Stadium here from October 30 to November 1.
The India `A` squad is to be picked on October 24 by Chairman Sandeep Patil and the other members of the national selection committee.
England are scheduled to arrive here in the early hours of October 29.
Mumbai, champions for 39 times in the Ranji Trophy, open their bid to regain the title after two years on November 2 when they clash with Railways at the Wankhede Stadium.
Senior India players Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan are available to play in the match. Ajit Agarkar has already been named to lead the side in the first four league games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands