Mumbai post a massive 306 for 2 on day one
Rajkot: Riding on an unbeaten century by Aditya Tare and a couple of half-century knocks, Mumbai reached a massive 306 for two against Saurashtra at the end of the first day`s play of their Ranji Trophy Group A match here on Saturday.
At stumps, Tare was not out on 122 and giving him company at the other end was Rohit Sharma on 72.
Electing to bat, Mumbai got off to a fabulous start with opening partnership between Wasim Jaffer and Tare yielding 135 runs.
Jaffer was the first one to depart when Saurya Sanandiya provided Saurashtra the breakthrough. He scored a fine 79 off 116 balls, studded with 11 fours and a six.
After his departure, Tare continued in the company of Ajinkya Rahane (24) before the latter`s stay at the crease was cut short by Kamlesh Makvana.
Thereafter, Saurashtra bowlers toiled hard but the visitors held fort to deny them any more wickets on the day.
When stumps were drawn, Tare had already spent 369 minutes in the middle, facing 262 balls, and hit 18 boundaries and a six.
While Rohit Sharma scored an unbeaten 72 off 110 balls, laced with seven fours and three sixes.
Mumbai: 306 for two in 90 overs (Aditya Tare 122, Wasim Jaffer 79, Rohit Sharma batting 72; Saurya Sanandiya 1/56).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'