Muzumdar hits big knock in Andhra`s stellar show
Dhanbad: Amol Muzumdar hit a magnificent 180 as Andhra Pradesh took a handsome 153-run lead against Jharkhand in their Ranji Trophy Group C match, here on Monday.
Resuming at 132 for four, Andhra Pradesh went on to score 410, riding on Majumdar`s big century and some good batting by the Andhra lower-order batsman.
In their second innings, Jharkhand reached 20 for no loss with Akash Verma (15) and Rameez Nemat (5) at the crease.
Earlier Muzumdar began at his overnight score of 41 and played a crucial role in his side getting the big lead.
His 180 came off 275 balls and had 22 boundaries including two sixes. He was the last man out in Andhra innings as he was dismissed by Shankar Rao.
AG Pradeep, who was overnight 38, scored 56 before being trapped Ajay Yadav. D Shivkumar also batted well for Andra contributing 57 runs.
Jharkhand 257 and 20 for no loss in 9 overs.
Andhra: 410 in 119 overs. (A Majumdar 180, D Shivkumar 57 AG Pradeep 56; S Rao 4/98).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’