Muzumdar hits big knock in Andhra`s stellar show
Dhanbad: Amol Muzumdar hit a magnificent 180 as Andhra Pradesh took a handsome 153-run lead against Jharkhand in their Ranji Trophy Group C match, here on Monday.
Resuming at 132 for four, Andhra Pradesh went on to score 410, riding on Majumdar`s big century and some good batting by the Andhra lower-order batsman.
In their second innings, Jharkhand reached 20 for no loss with Akash Verma (15) and Rameez Nemat (5) at the crease.
Earlier Muzumdar began at his overnight score of 41 and played a crucial role in his side getting the big lead.
His 180 came off 275 balls and had 22 boundaries including two sixes. He was the last man out in Andhra innings as he was dismissed by Shankar Rao.
AG Pradeep, who was overnight 38, scored 56 before being trapped Ajay Yadav. D Shivkumar also batted well for Andra contributing 57 runs.
Jharkhand 257 and 20 for no loss in 9 overs.
Andhra: 410 in 119 overs. (A Majumdar 180, D Shivkumar 57 AG Pradeep 56; S Rao 4/98).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why