Muzumdar`s fighting knock rescues Andhra
Cuddapah: Veteran batsman Amol Muzumdar (99) was one-run away from his 30th first class century as Andhra Pradesh recovered well to post 249 for seven on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match against Kerala, here on Saturday.
After being invited to bat, Andhra were struggling at 139 for five at one stage but Muzumdar found an able ally in Syed Sahabuudin to rescue the side.
Together they added 95 runs for the sixth wicket.
Mumzumdar will resume his innings tomorrow and giving him company was T Atchuta Rao, who was yet to open his account.
Muzumdar has faced 195 balls so far and hit 13 boundaries.
Sandeep Warrier (2/54), U Manukrishnan (2/59) and KJ Rakesh have (2/20) took two wickets each while India discard S Sreesanth (1/49) accounted for one batsman.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents