Muzumdar`s fighting knock rescues Andhra
Cuddapah: Veteran batsman Amol Muzumdar (99) was one-run away from his 30th first class century as Andhra Pradesh recovered well to post 249 for seven on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match against Kerala, here on Saturday.
After being invited to bat, Andhra were struggling at 139 for five at one stage but Muzumdar found an able ally in Syed Sahabuudin to rescue the side.
Together they added 95 runs for the sixth wicket.
Mumzumdar will resume his innings tomorrow and giving him company was T Atchuta Rao, who was yet to open his account.
Muzumdar has faced 195 balls so far and hit 13 boundaries.
Sandeep Warrier (2/54), U Manukrishnan (2/59) and KJ Rakesh have (2/20) took two wickets each while India discard S Sreesanth (1/49) accounted for one batsman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday