Muzumdar`s fighting knock rescues Andhra
Cuddapah: Veteran batsman Amol Muzumdar (99) was one-run away from his 30th first class century as Andhra Pradesh recovered well to post 249 for seven on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match against Kerala, here on Saturday.
After being invited to bat, Andhra were struggling at 139 for five at one stage but Muzumdar found an able ally in Syed Sahabuudin to rescue the side.
Together they added 95 runs for the sixth wicket.
Mumzumdar will resume his innings tomorrow and giving him company was T Atchuta Rao, who was yet to open his account.
Muzumdar has faced 195 balls so far and hit 13 boundaries.
Sandeep Warrier (2/54), U Manukrishnan (2/59) and KJ Rakesh have (2/20) took two wickets each while India discard S Sreesanth (1/49) accounted for one batsman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje