Nehra`s Delhi future under scanner after latest injury
New Delhi: Ashish Nehra`s latest hamstring injury has put serious question marks over his future in the longer format for his home state Delhi after senior pacer pulled out after bowling only six overs on the first morning.
Nehra opened the bowling for Delhi yesterday and bowled six overs giving away 17 runs in the process. After that he left the field in the 12th over with a hamstring injury and didn`t return for the next 156 overs.
It has been learnt that senior DDCA officials will have a chat with the state selection committee as to whether the 33-year-old should be considered for future selection in the longer format.
"We can`t say that his first-class career is over as he can always go and play as a pro for other states but we have to seriously think that whether his (Nehra`s) pick and choose policy is beneficial for Delhi cricket. He is a sincere boy but he is so injury prone that we are worried," a senior DDCA office bearer preferring anonymity stated.
There were talks that Nehra might get an MRI done but coach Vijay Dahiya said,"He underwent a few regimes with our physio and it was understood that he doesn`t require an MRI scan. But we didn`t want to risk him so we kept him out of action.. It`s better to keep him away now than be sorry later."
Dahiya also said that in case Delhi requires Nehra to bat, he would.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands