Nehra`s Delhi future under scanner after latest injury
New Delhi: Ashish Nehra`s latest hamstring injury has put serious question marks over his future in the longer format for his home state Delhi after senior pacer pulled out after bowling only six overs on the first morning.
Nehra opened the bowling for Delhi yesterday and bowled six overs giving away 17 runs in the process. After that he left the field in the 12th over with a hamstring injury and didn`t return for the next 156 overs.
It has been learnt that senior DDCA officials will have a chat with the state selection committee as to whether the 33-year-old should be considered for future selection in the longer format.
"We can`t say that his first-class career is over as he can always go and play as a pro for other states but we have to seriously think that whether his (Nehra`s) pick and choose policy is beneficial for Delhi cricket. He is a sincere boy but he is so injury prone that we are worried," a senior DDCA office bearer preferring anonymity stated.
There were talks that Nehra might get an MRI done but coach Vijay Dahiya said,"He underwent a few regimes with our physio and it was understood that he doesn`t require an MRI scan. But we didn`t want to risk him so we kept him out of action.. It`s better to keep him away now than be sorry later."
Dahiya also said that in case Delhi requires Nehra to bat, he would.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800