Nehra`s Delhi future under scanner after latest injury
New Delhi: Ashish Nehra`s latest hamstring injury has put serious question marks over his future in the longer format for his home state Delhi after senior pacer pulled out after bowling only six overs on the first morning.
Nehra opened the bowling for Delhi yesterday and bowled six overs giving away 17 runs in the process. After that he left the field in the 12th over with a hamstring injury and didn`t return for the next 156 overs.
It has been learnt that senior DDCA officials will have a chat with the state selection committee as to whether the 33-year-old should be considered for future selection in the longer format.
"We can`t say that his first-class career is over as he can always go and play as a pro for other states but we have to seriously think that whether his (Nehra`s) pick and choose policy is beneficial for Delhi cricket. He is a sincere boy but he is so injury prone that we are worried," a senior DDCA office bearer preferring anonymity stated.
There were talks that Nehra might get an MRI done but coach Vijay Dahiya said,"He underwent a few regimes with our physio and it was understood that he doesn`t require an MRI scan. But we didn`t want to risk him so we kept him out of action.. It`s better to keep him away now than be sorry later."
Dahiya also said that in case Delhi requires Nehra to bat, he would.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended