Nehra`s Delhi future under scanner after latest injury
New Delhi: Ashish Nehra`s latest hamstring injury has put serious question marks over his future in the longer format for his home state Delhi after senior pacer pulled out after bowling only six overs on the first morning.
Nehra opened the bowling for Delhi yesterday and bowled six overs giving away 17 runs in the process. After that he left the field in the 12th over with a hamstring injury and didn`t return for the next 156 overs.
It has been learnt that senior DDCA officials will have a chat with the state selection committee as to whether the 33-year-old should be considered for future selection in the longer format.
"We can`t say that his first-class career is over as he can always go and play as a pro for other states but we have to seriously think that whether his (Nehra`s) pick and choose policy is beneficial for Delhi cricket. He is a sincere boy but he is so injury prone that we are worried," a senior DDCA office bearer preferring anonymity stated.
There were talks that Nehra might get an MRI done but coach Vijay Dahiya said,"He underwent a few regimes with our physio and it was understood that he doesn`t require an MRI scan. But we didn`t want to risk him so we kept him out of action.. It`s better to keep him away now than be sorry later."
Dahiya also said that in case Delhi requires Nehra to bat, he would.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan