Nemat, Jaggi score centuries against Punjab
Jamshedpur: Fine centuries by overnight batsmen Rameez Nemat (100) and Ishank Jaggi (126 batting) placed Jharkhand in a comfortable position against Punjab on the second day of the five-day Ranji Trophy quarter-final match at Keenan Stadium here on Monday.
The second day`s proceedings, which started at 10.20 am due to bad light, was disrupted thrice and nearly three hours were lost today. Jharkhand ended the day at 310 for six from a total of 114 overs.
Resuming at 195 for two, Jharkhand lost their overnight batsman Nemat early as he fell prey to ace off-spinner Harbhajan Singh on the fourth delivery of the day, just after completing his maiden century.
Opener Nemat, who was on 97 overnight, struck 10 boundaries during his 229 ball innings.
With Ishank Jaggi, Nemat had a 106 run partnership for the fourth wicket. Jaggi continued to exhibit his skill with the willow.
Even as Jaggi, who was unbeaten at 50 yesterday, kept the scoreboard moving, the home side lost two more wickets in the form of Kumar Deobrat (20; 2x4, 1x6) and S P Gautam (8).
Punjab medium pacer Siddharth Kaul claimed the wickets of Deobrat and Gautam having them caught behind the wicket and at first slip respectively.
On the other side of the wicket, Jaggi completed his century with the help of 15 boundaries and after facing 216 deliveries.
Jaggi was on 126 while Sunny Gupta was on eight, when play was called off for the day due to bad light.
For the visitors, Kaul emerged the most successful bowler with three for 66 while Sarabjit Singh scalped two wickets and Harbhajan one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das