Nemat, Jaggi score centuries against Punjab
Jamshedpur: Fine centuries by overnight batsmen Rameez Nemat (100) and Ishank Jaggi (126 batting) placed Jharkhand in a comfortable position against Punjab on the second day of the five-day Ranji Trophy quarter-final match at Keenan Stadium here on Monday.
The second day`s proceedings, which started at 10.20 am due to bad light, was disrupted thrice and nearly three hours were lost today. Jharkhand ended the day at 310 for six from a total of 114 overs.
Resuming at 195 for two, Jharkhand lost their overnight batsman Nemat early as he fell prey to ace off-spinner Harbhajan Singh on the fourth delivery of the day, just after completing his maiden century.
Opener Nemat, who was on 97 overnight, struck 10 boundaries during his 229 ball innings.
With Ishank Jaggi, Nemat had a 106 run partnership for the fourth wicket. Jaggi continued to exhibit his skill with the willow.
Even as Jaggi, who was unbeaten at 50 yesterday, kept the scoreboard moving, the home side lost two more wickets in the form of Kumar Deobrat (20; 2x4, 1x6) and S P Gautam (8).
Punjab medium pacer Siddharth Kaul claimed the wickets of Deobrat and Gautam having them caught behind the wicket and at first slip respectively.
On the other side of the wicket, Jaggi completed his century with the help of 15 boundaries and after facing 216 deliveries.
Jaggi was on 126 while Sunny Gupta was on eight, when play was called off for the day due to bad light.
For the visitors, Kaul emerged the most successful bowler with three for 66 while Sarabjit Singh scalped two wickets and Harbhajan one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India