Nephew Arman in Mumbai Ranji probables list with Uncle Wasim
Mumbai: In an interesting move, the Mumbai selection committee decided to include 14-year-old Arman Jaffer in the Ranji Trophy probables list along with his uncle and state team stalwart Wasim Jaffer.
In what can be termed a rarity in Indian cricket, `Chacha-Bhatija` duo will be training together for the same team which also includes Sachin Tendulkar, who would be getting a few first-class games before embarking on Test series in South Africa.
It will be a once-in-a lifetime opportunity for Arman to train alongside a legend like Tendulkar as well as uncle Wasim who is considered one of the finest batsman in domestic cricket. He might get an opportunity to face a Zaheer Khan or a Dhaval Kulkarni at the nets.
Arman has been a force to reckon with in Mumbai`s tough school cricket circuit as he became a household name with a knock of 473 in last February for his school Rizvi Springfield in the prestigious Harris Shield final at the Matunga Gymkhana ground. Interestingly, he also scored an astounding 498 in the Giles Shield final back in 2010.
Arman has been a regular member of the Mumbai U-16 squad in the last edition of the Vijay Merchant Trophy.
He may not make the cut in the final squad but this experience will hold him in good stead when he plays for the U-19`s in the coming season.
The probables list: Sachin Tendulkar, Ajit Agarkar, Wasim Jaffer, Arman Jaffer, Zaheer Khan, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Abhishek Nayar, Suryakumar Yadav, Iqbal Abdulla, Aditya Tare, Hiken Shah, Kshemal Waingankar, Kaustubh Pawar, Siddhesh Lad, Vishal Dabholkar, Ramesh Powar, Dhawal Kulkarni, Javed Khan, Shardul Thakur, Saurabh Netrawalkar, Akhil Herwadkar, Sarfaraz Khan, Balwinder Singh Sandhu (Jr.), Sagar Kerkar, Sufiyan Shaikh, Sarvesh Damle, Atul Singh, Pratik Dabholkar and Avishkar Salvi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27