Odisha shot Haryana out for 66, take 111 run lead
Rohtak: Haryana were caught badly in the `green-trap` that they had set for their opposition with minnows Odisha bundling them out for a meagre 66 in a third round Ranji Trophy encounter here today.
Haryana now have the ignominy of getting shot out for less than 100 in two of their first three matches. In the first match, it was Umesh Yadav`s Vidarbha that skittled them out for 55 in the opening round.
This time it was the turn of wily Basant Mohanty who is always known to be a difficult bowler in helpful conditions and looked menacing on a track where the ball moved around. With the track at Lahli being the strip that he needed to show his prowess, the lanky seamer had figures of 5 for 24 in 11.1 overs as the home team were all-out in only 32.1 overs. He was well supported by Biplab Samantray who took three for 17.
Only Abhimanyu Khode and Rahul Dalal with scores of 12 and 21 respectively reached double figures for Haryana.
Odisha then came out to bat and took their score to 177 for six and now have a handy 111-run first innings lead. However, there certainly will be an outright result after 16 wickets have fallen on the first day.
For the visitors, skipper Natraj Behra (44), Samantray (42) and Deepak Behra (31) had made useful contributions to beef up the lead.
Brief Scores: Haryana 66 in 32.1 overs (Rahul Dalal 21, Basant Mohanty 5/24, Biplab Samantray 3/17).
Odisha 177/6 (Natraj Behra 44, Biplab Samantray 42, Deepak Behra 31, Mohit Sharma 4/37).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren