Odisha shot Haryana out for 66, take 111 run lead
Rohtak: Haryana were caught badly in the `green-trap` that they had set for their opposition with minnows Odisha bundling them out for a meagre 66 in a third round Ranji Trophy encounter here today.
Haryana now have the ignominy of getting shot out for less than 100 in two of their first three matches. In the first match, it was Umesh Yadav`s Vidarbha that skittled them out for 55 in the opening round.
This time it was the turn of wily Basant Mohanty who is always known to be a difficult bowler in helpful conditions and looked menacing on a track where the ball moved around. With the track at Lahli being the strip that he needed to show his prowess, the lanky seamer had figures of 5 for 24 in 11.1 overs as the home team were all-out in only 32.1 overs. He was well supported by Biplab Samantray who took three for 17.
Only Abhimanyu Khode and Rahul Dalal with scores of 12 and 21 respectively reached double figures for Haryana.
Odisha then came out to bat and took their score to 177 for six and now have a handy 111-run first innings lead. However, there certainly will be an outright result after 16 wickets have fallen on the first day.
For the visitors, skipper Natraj Behra (44), Samantray (42) and Deepak Behra (31) had made useful contributions to beef up the lead.
Brief Scores: Haryana 66 in 32.1 overs (Rahul Dalal 21, Basant Mohanty 5/24, Biplab Samantray 3/17).
Odisha 177/6 (Natraj Behra 44, Biplab Samantray 42, Deepak Behra 31, Mohit Sharma 4/37).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note