One change in Bengal squad ahead of next Ranji match
Kolkata: Bengal brought in uncapped opener Koushik Ghosh in place of an injured Shrivats Goswami in the only change to the XV-member squad to take on group B leaders Saurashtra in their Ranji Trophy match beginning here on Wednesday.
Goswami twisted his ankle and opening batsman Ghosh, after a fine performance in U-25, impressed the Bengal selectors.
Bengal had to be content with one point after conceding a first innings lead to Madhya Pradesh in their last match and they have five points from three outings.
With a commanding 11 points from three matches, Saurashtra`s line-up is further boosted by the return of India No 3 Cheteshwar Pujara.
Bengal squad: Laxmi Ratan Shukla (c), Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Arindam Das, Rohan Banerjee, Anustup Majumdar, Sandipan Das, Subhamoy Das, Sourav Sarkar, Saurashish Lahiri, Sib Shankar Paul, Ashok Dinda, Arnab Nandi, Iresh Saxena, Koushik Ghosh and Monojit Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack