Openers help Baroda inch closer to Haryana`s total
Rohtak: Saurabh Wakaskar hit an unbeaten century as Baroda inched closer to Haryana`s first innings total of 295 on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group B match here on Sunday.
Abhimanyu Chauhan was the day`s last wicket to fall as visitors closed play at 197 for three with Wakaskar undefeated on 100.
The left-hander in the company of opener Aditya Waghmode (77) put on an impressive 189-run stand for the first wicket before skipper Amit Mishra took three wickets in quick secession to help Haryana claw their way back into the match.
Waghmode became Mishra`s first victim, caught in front of the wicket. Bhargav Bhatt followed suit next ball. However, Chauhan successfully negotiated the last ball of the leg-spinner`s over to deny him a hat-trick.
The partnership between Chauhan and Wakaskar, though, did not last long as the former was consumed by Mishra in the final over of the day.
Earlier, resuming at 221 for five, Haryana batsmen were aided by a well compiled century by Rahul Dalal to post 295.
Haryana 1st innings: 295 all out in 123 overs (Rahul Dalal 104, Rahul Dewan 48; Utkarsh Patel 83/5, Bhargav Bhatt 63/3)
Baroda 1st innings: 197 for three in 61.3 overs (Saurabh Wakaskar batting 100, Aditya Waghmode 77; Amit Mishra 45/3).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days