Punjab register eight-wicket win, earn six points
Mohali: Punjab notched up a comprehensive eight-wicket victory over Sauarashtra and pocketed six points on the third and penultimate day of their Group A Ranji Trophy match on Monday.
After reducing Saurashtra to 233 in their second innings, the hosts chased down the victory target of 119 runs comfortably by losing just two wickets here at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium.
Punjab dominated from day one as they bundled out Saurashtra for a meagre 90 in their first innings before they went on to score 205 all out, thereby taking a 115-run lead.
Saurashtra, after commencing the day at 212 for seven in their second innings, could add just 42 runs to the total with both overnight batsmen, Sagar Jogiyani (76), who resumed on 72, and Jaydev Unadkat (2), starting at 0, got out early.
Siddharth Kaul, who finished with a five-wicket haul yesterday, added another wicket to his kitty this morning to take his figures to six for 63. Sandeep Sharma (three for 57) also chipped in with important wickets.
Chasing a small target, Punjab lost opener Jiwanjot Singh (5) cheaply but Karan Goel made sure that the hosts reach home without much trouble.
Goel hit a fine 115-ball 75 not out, laced with 13 fours and a six, while Mayank Sidhana (21) and Mandeep Singh (18 not out) also added valuable runs.
Saurashtra: 90 & 233 all out in 62.4 overs (Sagar Jogiayni 76; Siddharth Kaul 6/63).
Punjab: 205 & 120 for two in 33.1 overs (Karan Goel batting 75, Mayank Sidhana 21; Jaydev Unadkat 1/19).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks