Railways ahead against Baroda in Group B Ranji Trophy match
Vadodara: Arindam Ghosh struck an unbeaten 76 as Railways took a 32-run lead over Baroda in their Group B Ranji Trophy match here on Friday.
At stumps on the second day of the match, Railways were 208 for three in 106 overs, with H D Rawle giving Ghosh company on 50.
Nitin Bhille was run out after scoring 51 off 152 balls. He hit six fours.
The visitors had yesterday bowled out Baroda for 176, with Ranjitkumar Mali wrecking havoc with by picking up eight wickets for just 45 runs.
Resuming at overnight 24 for one, Railways rarely seemed to be in any sort of discomfort as they trudged along at an easy pace at the Moti Bagh Stadium.
The 27-year-old Ghosh struck nine fours and a six during his 157-ball knock, while Rawle found the fence five times and faced 217 balls.
Baroda 1st innings: 176 all out in 69 overs (Aditya Waghmode 33; Ranjitkumar Mali 8/45).
Railways 1st innings: 208 for three in 106 overs (Arindam Ghosh not out 76, H D Rawle not out 50, Nitin Bhille 51.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information