Raina scores ton, three points for UP
Nagpur: Skipper Suresh Raina finally found some form, scoring up an unbeaten century on the fourth and final day, as Uttar Pradesh collected three points from their Group B Ranji Trophy match against Vidarbha here on Tuesday.
Uttar Pradesh got the points on the basis of taking the first-innings lead, while Vidarbha had one.
After bowling out Vidarbha for 308 on the fourth and final day, Uttar Pradesh were 175 for three in their second innings when stumps were drawn at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground.
Opening the innings instead of batting at his usual number four position, Raina spent 199 minutes in the middle, faced 167 balls and hit 13 fours and two sixes. The India left-hander remained unconquered on 105
Hemang Badani top-scored for the hosts with a knock of 76, even as Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Imtiaz Ahmed took three wickets apiece for Uttar Pradesh.
Uttar Pradesh: 548 and 175 for three in 51 overs (Suresh Raina not out 105, Mohammad Kaif 42)
Vidarbha 1st innings: 308 all out in 102.3 overs (Hemang Badani 76; B Kumar 3/41, Imtiaz Ahmed 3/45).
Points: Uttar Pradesh 3, Vidarbha 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video