Rajasthan in command against Hyderabad
Jaipur: Hyderabad witnessed a batting collapse in the post-tea session to put hosts Rajasthan in the driver`s seat at stumps on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group A match here on Sunday.
At close, Hyderabad were tottering at 160 for five in their first innings in reply to Rajasthan`s 384.
Parth Jhala was batting on five for the visitors in the company of Sundeep Rajan, who is yet to open his account.
Hyderabad are staring at a probable relegation from Group A as they still trail bottom-placed Rajasthan by 224 runs in the first innings.
Hyderabad, however, had a decent start to their innings with openers Kolla Sumanth (43) and Akshath Reddy putting on 91 runs for the first wicket before the visitors witnessed a collapse in the last session of the day.
Rajsathan bowlers came out all guns blazing in the final session and dismissed five Hyderabad batsmen giving away just 70 runs.
For Rajasthan, Rituraj Singh claimed two for 39 while Pankaj Singh, Deepak Chahar and Aniket Choudhary picked up a wicket each.
Earlier, Rajasthan were bowled out for 384 in 120.3 overs in their first innings after resuming at the overnight score of 274 for five.
Some lusty hitting by Dishant Yagnik (51 off 67 balls), and Pankaj Singh (37 not out off 47 balls) helped Rajasthan reach 384.
For the visitors, Ashish Reddy picked up five wickets for 67 while Amol Shinde claimed three for 99.
Rajasthan: 384 all out in 120.3 overs (Vineet Saxena 84, Ashok Menaria 63, Sishant Yagnik 51; Ashish Reddy 5/67).
Hyderabad: 160 for five in 47 overs (Kolla Sumanth 43, Akshath Reddy 41; Rituraj Singh 2/39).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state