Rajasthan post 478, Mumbai reply strongly in Ranji Trophy
Jaipur: Wicketkeeper-batsman Dishant Yagnik (76 not out) hit an unbeaten half-century to help Rajasthan reach 478 in their first innings but Mumbai made a strong reply finishing day 2 at 76 for no loss in their Group `A` Ranji Trophy match here on Saturday.
Kaustubh Pawar (26) and Aditya Tare (43) were at the crease keeping their team in contention when umpires called off the day at the KL Saini stadium at Mansarovar.
Earlier Rajasthan resumed their essay at the overnight score of 269 for 2 but lost Vineet Saxena only a run later. Vineet could not carry on in the same fashion and returned to the dressing room without any adding to his score of 114. It was a huge blow for the hosts who kept on losing wickets at regular intervals.
Robin Bisht (34), Ashok Meenaria (26) and Rashmi Ranjan Parida (28) got their eye in but could not build on the good starts. It was Dhawal Kulkarni who removed Vineet and Parida and, on the other end, Kaustubh Pawar accounted for Robin and Ashok to restrict Rajasthan.
It was a valiant unbeaten half century by Dishant who hit 76 off 123 balls containing 13 boundaries to help Rajasthan reach 478. Down the order Pankaj Singh too contributed with valuable 18 runs to help his team`s cause.
Mumbai skipper Rohit Sharma tried as many as eight bowlers and among them Kulkarni emerged the best with 3 for 88 while Surya Kumar Yadav (2/21), Kaustubh Pawar (2/21), Waingankar (1/85), Shardul Thakur (1/82), and Ankit Chavan (1/69) too were among wickets.
Mumbai were left to play 28 overs in remaining time of the day`s play and they finished at 76 without loss.
Brief Score: Rajasthan first innings 478 (D Yagnik 76 not out; D Kulkarni 3/88).
Mumbai first innings: 76 for no loss in 28 overs (Aditya Tare 43; A choudhury 0/10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown