Ranji: Hosts Saurashtra to take on Karnataka
Rajkot: After beating Madhya Pradesh by 227 runs in their last league match, hosts Saurashtra will be up against Karnataka in what promises to an evenly-contested quarterfinal match starting tomorrow at the Saurashtra University ground here.
"This is a knock-out match...We are hopeful of doing well," Jaydev Shah, Saurashtra skipper, said.
Saurashtra batting would revolve around Cheteshwar Pujara, Sheldon Jackson, Arpit Vasavada, Sitanhu Kotak while bowling would be spearheaded by left arm seamer Jaydev Unadkat, Siddharth Trivedi and spinners Dharmendra Jadeja and Kamlesh Makwana.
Shah denied that Saurashtra will rely on Pujara only.
"We are not depending on individuals but everyone has do his job," he said, adding that not only Pujara, but bowlers Dharmendra Jadeja and Kamlesh Makwana too have played crucial role helping Saurashtra to enter into knock-out rounds.
The Saurashtra University ground is hosting the first Ranji Trophy match.
"This would be the first match on this ground and it`s difficult to predict the track," Shah said adding that it might be a turning track, helping spinners on the second day of the five-day match.
Stuart Binny, Karnataka captain, too said, "We don`t know how the wicket will behave as we both are going to play first time on this ground and therefore Saurashtra will not have any advantage of playing at home."
Saying that Karnataka will go for outright win, Binny said, "We are depending on our top six batsmen. Once they click, it would be easy for our bowlers.
Robin Uthappa, Manish Pandey, Kunal Kapoor, Ganesh Satish and C M Gautam would be the batting mainstays for Karnataka. Gautam has struck two double centuries this season while Ganesh Satish made unbeaten 200 against Tamil Nadu.
Bowling would be spearheaded by medium pacer Abhimanyu Mithun, S l Akshay and spinners K P Apanna and K Gautam.
The visitors will miss the services of main strike bowler Vinay Kumar, who has sustained injury and undergoing rehabilitation programme at NCA in Bangalore.
Saurashtra: Jaydev Shah (captain), Cheteshwar Pujara, Sheldon Jackson, Jaydev Unadkat,
Arpit Vasavada, Kamlesh Makwana, Rahul Dave, Sitanshu Kotak, Vishal Joshi, Dharmendrasinh Jadeja,
Saurya Sanandiya, Sandip Maniar, Siddharth Trivedi, Sagar Jogiyani and Chirag Jani.
Karnataka: Sutart Binny (captain), Manish Pandey, Robin Uthappa, K L Rahul, Kunal Kapoor, Amit Verma,
C M Gautam (wk), K Gautam, Abhimanyu Mithun, K P Apanna, S Sarath, S Moinuddin, K Nayar, G Satish
and S Akshay.
Umpires: K Hariharan and S Das.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah