Ranji: Saurashtra need outright win against MP
Rajkot: Saurashtra will face a do-or-die situation when they host Madhya Pradesh in their final round Group A Ranji Trophy match here in Khandheri starting on Saturday.
Madhya Pradesh, having already earned 20 points, are likely to qualify for the next round.
"We are focussing to play good cricket as we have done so far this season and our aim is to take first inning lead which will help us to qualify for the next round," Devendra Bundela, captain of Madhya Pradesh, said.
"The pressure would be on Saurashtra and only an outright win will help them to qualify for next round," he said.
Madhya Pradesh batting would rely on Bundela, Naman Ojha and Jalax Saxena while the bowling department would be spearheaded by Ishwar Pandey, Anand Rajan and Amarjeet Singh.
Host skipper Jaydev Shah admitted that Saurashtra are in trouble.
"I can`t say that we have advantage of playing at home ground as this match is do or die for us to qualify for next round and we have to play better then our opponents," Shah said.
Shah said that Saurashtra have done well this season and missed a chance to grab full points against Rajasthan in the previous match.
"We had gone for outright win against Rajasthan while chasing nearly 300 runs but lost a couple of wickets that pushed us on the backfoot," he said.
Saurashtra would miss the services of all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja, who has been doing national duty.
Sagar Jogiyani and Nayan Doshi have been ruled out for the crucial tie because of injuries and Rahul Dave and Vishal Joshi have been included in the squad.
Saurashtra: Jaydev Shah, Rahul Dave, Sitanshu Kotak, Cheteshwar Pujara, Arpit Vasavada, Jaydev Unadkat, Kamlesh Makwana, Sandip Maniar, Chirag Jani, Sheldon Jackson, Siddharth Trivedi, Dharmendrasinh Jadeja, Chirag Pathak, Saurya Sanandiya and Vishal Joshi.
Madhya Pradesh: Devendra Bundela (Capt), Naman Ojha, Jalaj Saxena, Udit Birla, Harpreetsingh Bhatia, Rameez Khan, Ankit Sharma, Ishwar Pandey, Anand Rajan, Satyam Chaudhary, Amarjeet Singh, Zafer Ali, Gaurav Yadav, Ajay Rajput and Rahul Bakshi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know