Ranji Trophy 2012-13: Hiken, Rohit hit tons to power Mumbai to 325/2
Hyderabad: Hiken Shah and Rohit Sharma smashed unbeaten centuries to propel Mumbai to 325 for two against Hyderabad at the end of the opening day`s play in a Ranji Trophy Group A match here today.
While Hiken was unbeaten on 154 off 260 balls, Rohit was batting on 102 at stumps.
Hiken laced his innings with 17 fours. Rohit, on the other hand, struck nine boundaries and three huge hits over the fence during his 161-ball unconquered knock.
However, the start was far from perfect for Mumbai, as electing to bat, the visitors lost Kaustubh Pawar inside the first four overs.
Hiken and wicket-keeper Aditya Tare (62) then steadied Mumbai`s innings with a 121-run second wicket partnership.
After Tare`s fall, Hiken was joined by Rohit at the crease and the duo toyed with Hyderabad`s bowling attack to notch up the unbroken 203-run third wicket stand.
Mohammed Khader picked up Pawar`s wicket while the other Mumbai batsman -- Tare -- was run out.
Mumbai: 325 for two in 90 overs (Hiken Shah 154, Rohit Sharma 102; Mohammed Khader 1/31).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL