Ranji Trophy 2012-13: Ojha`s century lifts MP against Rajasthan
Jaipur: Madhya Pradesh rode on opener Naman Ojha`s unbeaten century as the visitors finished at 200 for one in their second innings and take an overall lead of 77 runs against Rajasthan at the end of third day`s play in their Ranji Trophy Group A match, here on Monday.
At stumps, Ojha was unbeaten on 102 off 166 balls with the help of 11 fours and three sixes as Madhya Pradesh came up with an improved batting performance in their second essay after starting their innings with a deficit of 123 runs.
Ojha was ably supported by his Zafar Ali (54 off 128 balls) as the two produced 134 runs for the opening stand at the K L Saini Ground.
A lot will depend on the pair of Ojha and Satyam Choudhary (33) tomorrow as Madhya Pradesh will try to force a result against the spirited Rajasthan side on the final day.
Earlier, Rajasthan added just 73 runs to their overnight score of 306 for six before being bowled out for 379 in their first innings in reply to Madhya Pradesh`s 256.
Manish Khatri provided some late resistance and scored a defiant 47 not out in 92 balls.
MP right-arm medium pacer Ishwar Pandey continued from where he had left yesterday by removing overnight batsman Dishant Yagnik and Rituraj Singh in quick succession for individual scores of 32 and seven respectively.
However, Khatri, who was unbeaten on two overnight, played a sensible knock and mixed caution with aggression to take his team past the 350-run mark. Khatri`s innings contained five fours.
Credit should also be given to Pankaj Singh (9) as he hung around for close to an hour with Khatri, adding 25 runs for the ninth wicket.
Pandey was the most successful bowler for Madhya Pradesh, taking six for 92 while Anand Rajan, Rameez Khan and Jalaj Saxena chiiped in with a wicket apiece.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues