Ranji Trophy 2012-13: Ojha`s century lifts MP against Rajasthan
Jaipur: Madhya Pradesh rode on opener Naman Ojha`s unbeaten century as the visitors finished at 200 for one in their second innings and take an overall lead of 77 runs against Rajasthan at the end of third day`s play in their Ranji Trophy Group A match, here on Monday.
At stumps, Ojha was unbeaten on 102 off 166 balls with the help of 11 fours and three sixes as Madhya Pradesh came up with an improved batting performance in their second essay after starting their innings with a deficit of 123 runs.
Ojha was ably supported by his Zafar Ali (54 off 128 balls) as the two produced 134 runs for the opening stand at the K L Saini Ground.
A lot will depend on the pair of Ojha and Satyam Choudhary (33) tomorrow as Madhya Pradesh will try to force a result against the spirited Rajasthan side on the final day.
Earlier, Rajasthan added just 73 runs to their overnight score of 306 for six before being bowled out for 379 in their first innings in reply to Madhya Pradesh`s 256.
Manish Khatri provided some late resistance and scored a defiant 47 not out in 92 balls.
MP right-arm medium pacer Ishwar Pandey continued from where he had left yesterday by removing overnight batsman Dishant Yagnik and Rituraj Singh in quick succession for individual scores of 32 and seven respectively.
However, Khatri, who was unbeaten on two overnight, played a sensible knock and mixed caution with aggression to take his team past the 350-run mark. Khatri`s innings contained five fours.
Credit should also be given to Pankaj Singh (9) as he hung around for close to an hour with Khatri, adding 25 runs for the ninth wicket.
Pandey was the most successful bowler for Madhya Pradesh, taking six for 92 while Anand Rajan, Rameez Khan and Jalaj Saxena chiiped in with a wicket apiece.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative