Ranji Trophy 2012-13: Saurashtra eye semi-final birth, restricts Karnataka to 396
Rajkot: Middle-order batsman Manish Pandey`s fine century might go in vain as hosts Saurashtra took the vital first innings lead against Karnataka on the third day of the Ranji Trophy quarter-final match here on Tuesday.
Saurashtra took a crucial 73-run first inning lead after restricting Karnataka to 396 in reply to their 469 at stumps on the third day of the five-day encounter.
Overnight batsmen Robin Uthappa and K L Rahul started on a positive note today, adding another 50 runs before left-arm seamer Jaydev Unadkat dismissed aggressive Uthappa, who made 60 off 66 balls with 11 fours.
Off-spinner Kamlesh Makwana then struck twice, dismissing K R Kapoor (2) and in form C Gautam (5) to reduce the visitors to 112 for three.
However, Pandey then took over and made a fine 177 but it was not enough for Karnataka to overhaul Saurashtra`s first innings score.
Pandey`s 177 came off 228 balls with the help of 15 fours and three sixes during his 312 minutes stay at the crease and was the last man to be dismissed in Karnataka`s first innings.
For Saurashtra, spin trio of Vishal Joshi, Dharmendra Jadeja and Kamlesh Makawana scalped three wickets apiece.
Saurashtra: 469 all out in 165.3 overs
Karnataka: 396 all out in 102.2 overs (Manish Pandey 177, Robin Uthappa 60, K L Rahul 55, Kamlesh Makwana 3-91, Vishal Joshi 3-103 and Dharmendra Jadeja 3-122.)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers