Ranji Trophy 2012-13: Taruwar scores triple century as Punjab advance into semis
Jamshedpur: Taruwar Kohli scored an unbeaten triple century and shared a 264-run fourth wicket stand with Uday Kaul (113 not out) against Jharkhand on the fifth and final day as Punjab sailed into the semi-finals of the Ranji Trophy.
Punjab entered the last-four stage by virtue of their first-innings lead of 298 runs in their quarter-final match at Keenan stadium here today.
Jharkhand, who had scored 401 all out in their first innings, were 33 for no loss off 13 overs in their second essay after Punjab declared their first innings for 699 for three at the stroke of tea.
Resuming at 435 for three, overnight batsman Taruwar, who was on 151, along with Kaul who stepped in at the dismissal of Mandeep Singh (96) at stumps on day four, made mockery of Jharkhand bowlers as they scored runs at will.
The duo ensured that Punjab do not lose a single wicket in the entire day.
Taruwar, who made a comeback into the Punjab team after two years, faced 609 deliveries to score an unbeaten 300 studded with 34 boundaries and two sixes, while Kaul`s knock came off 216 balls that included nine hits to the fence.
At stumps on day five, Jharkhand openers Ajay Verma (14) and Manish Vardhan (19) were at the crease.
Punjab will be taking on Saurashtra at Rajkot in the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA