Ranji Trophy 2012-13: Taruwar scores triple century as Punjab advance into semis
Jamshedpur: Taruwar Kohli scored an unbeaten triple century and shared a 264-run fourth wicket stand with Uday Kaul (113 not out) against Jharkhand on the fifth and final day as Punjab sailed into the semi-finals of the Ranji Trophy.
Punjab entered the last-four stage by virtue of their first-innings lead of 298 runs in their quarter-final match at Keenan stadium here today.
Jharkhand, who had scored 401 all out in their first innings, were 33 for no loss off 13 overs in their second essay after Punjab declared their first innings for 699 for three at the stroke of tea.
Resuming at 435 for three, overnight batsman Taruwar, who was on 151, along with Kaul who stepped in at the dismissal of Mandeep Singh (96) at stumps on day four, made mockery of Jharkhand bowlers as they scored runs at will.
The duo ensured that Punjab do not lose a single wicket in the entire day.
Taruwar, who made a comeback into the Punjab team after two years, faced 609 deliveries to score an unbeaten 300 studded with 34 boundaries and two sixes, while Kaul`s knock came off 216 balls that included nine hits to the fence.
At stumps on day five, Jharkhand openers Ajay Verma (14) and Manish Vardhan (19) were at the crease.
Punjab will be taking on Saurashtra at Rajkot in the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in