Ranji Trophy 2012: Assam have edge against Kerala
Malappuram (Kerala): Assam closed in on Kerala`s first-innings total of 264 after off-spinner Arlen Konwar shone with a five-wicket haul in their Group C Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
At stumps on the second day, Assam were 161 for four in 61 overs, with Dheeraj Jadhav and Tarjinder Singh unbeaten on 76 and 55 respectively.
Jadhav struck seven fours and a six and spent 322 minutes in the middle while facing 169 balls. Singh hit six fours during his 127-ball knock and spent close to three hours at the Perintalmanna Cricket Stadium.
Assam now trail by 103 runs with six wickets remaining in their first innings.
Resuming on 211 for five, Kerala could add only 53 runs to theor overnight total as Konwar carried on from where he had left on the first day.
After accounting for the wickets of Abhishek Hegde, Rohan Prem and Raiphi Gomez yesterday, Konwar today sent back P Anthaf and Sadanandan Anish to return impressive figures of five for 53.
Kerala: 264 all out in 116.2 overs (Abhishek Hegde 46, V A Jagadeesh 40; Arlen Konwar 5/53).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price