Ranji Trophy 2012: Assam have edge against Kerala
Malappuram (Kerala): Assam closed in on Kerala`s first-innings total of 264 after off-spinner Arlen Konwar shone with a five-wicket haul in their Group C Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
At stumps on the second day, Assam were 161 for four in 61 overs, with Dheeraj Jadhav and Tarjinder Singh unbeaten on 76 and 55 respectively.
Jadhav struck seven fours and a six and spent 322 minutes in the middle while facing 169 balls. Singh hit six fours during his 127-ball knock and spent close to three hours at the Perintalmanna Cricket Stadium.
Assam now trail by 103 runs with six wickets remaining in their first innings.
Resuming on 211 for five, Kerala could add only 53 runs to theor overnight total as Konwar carried on from where he had left on the first day.
After accounting for the wickets of Abhishek Hegde, Rohan Prem and Raiphi Gomez yesterday, Konwar today sent back P Anthaf and Sadanandan Anish to return impressive figures of five for 53.
Kerala: 264 all out in 116.2 overs (Abhishek Hegde 46, V A Jagadeesh 40; Arlen Konwar 5/53).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?