Ranji Trophy 2012: Gujarat in command against MP
Indore: Gujarat bowlers put up a clinical show to leave Madhya Pradesh reeling at 212 for eight in reply to the visitors` 355 in their Group A Ranji Trophy match here on Saturday.
A day after skipper Parthiv Patel stole the thunder with a brilliant 162 that guided Gujarat to a comfortable 327 for five at stumps on day 1, Amit Singh led the way with impressive figures of three for 55.
Mehul Patel and Rakesh Dhurv complemented Singh well with two wickets apiece at the Holkar Cricket Stadium.
Naman Ojha was the only Madhya Pradesh batsman to have scored a half century -- he struck 71 off 193 balls and hit 10 fours and two sixes.
Udit Birla was unfortunate to have missed a half century by just a run as he fell to Dhurv.
At stumps, Amit Sharma was batting on 18 while Ishwar Pandey ws giving him company on 11.
Earlier, Gujarat added 28 runs to their overnight score before being bowled out in 101 overs.
Anand Rajan shown for the hosts as he picked up seven wickets, five of which came on Saturday.
Gujarat 1st innings: 355 all out in 101 overs (Parthiv Patel 162, Manprit Juneja 59; Anand Rajan 7/77).
Madhya Pradesh 1st innings: 212 for 8 in 77 overs (Naman Ojha 71; Amit Singh 3/44).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress