Ranji Trophy 2012: Hyderabad earn 3 points against Mumbai
Hyderabad: Hyderabad continued the run feast with Bavanaka Sandeep today hitting the innings` third century, which helped them earn three points from their Ranji Trophy match against Mumbai here.
Mumbai got a point as per the new BCCI rules framed for the premier domestic tournament under which the team taking first-innings lead gets three points.
Resuming on 423 for three, Hyderabad made 699 before being bowled out, with Sandeep striking 117 off 228 deliveries during the fourth and final day`s play at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
Sandeep hit 11 boundaries and spent 288 minutes in the middle.
Sandeep`s effort was the third by the Hyderabad team in this Group A match, after Akshath Reddy and Hanuma Vihari slammed big hundreds on the penultimate day yesterday.
Mumbai had scored 443 in their first innings, before being made to toil for more than two days by Hyderabad`s top-order batsmen.
That more than 1150 runs had been scored in the match says a lot about the nature of the pitch, but Mumbai would still be disappointed with the performance of their bowlers.
Barring Suryakumar Yadav and wicketkeeper Aditya Tare, all the players in Mumbai side bowled.
After being at the receiving end of Reddy and Vihari`s massive 386-run partnership, Sandeep and Kolla Sumanth today added 132 runs for the fifth wicket to help the hosts score nearly 700 runs in one innings.
For Mumbai, Ankeet Chavan finished with three for 184, while there were two wickets apiece for Avishkar Salvi and Ramesh Powar.
Mumbai: 443 all out
Hyderabad: 699 all out in 207.3 overs (Akshath Reddy 196, Hanuma Vihari 191, Bavanaka Sandeep 117; Ankeet Chavan 3/184).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened