Ranji Trophy 2012: Hyderabad earn 3 points against Mumbai
Hyderabad: Hyderabad continued the run feast with Bavanaka Sandeep today hitting the innings` third century, which helped them earn three points from their Ranji Trophy match against Mumbai here.
Mumbai got a point as per the new BCCI rules framed for the premier domestic tournament under which the team taking first-innings lead gets three points.
Resuming on 423 for three, Hyderabad made 699 before being bowled out, with Sandeep striking 117 off 228 deliveries during the fourth and final day`s play at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
Sandeep hit 11 boundaries and spent 288 minutes in the middle.
Sandeep`s effort was the third by the Hyderabad team in this Group A match, after Akshath Reddy and Hanuma Vihari slammed big hundreds on the penultimate day yesterday.
Mumbai had scored 443 in their first innings, before being made to toil for more than two days by Hyderabad`s top-order batsmen.
That more than 1150 runs had been scored in the match says a lot about the nature of the pitch, but Mumbai would still be disappointed with the performance of their bowlers.
Barring Suryakumar Yadav and wicketkeeper Aditya Tare, all the players in Mumbai side bowled.
After being at the receiving end of Reddy and Vihari`s massive 386-run partnership, Sandeep and Kolla Sumanth today added 132 runs for the fifth wicket to help the hosts score nearly 700 runs in one innings.
For Mumbai, Ankeet Chavan finished with three for 184, while there were two wickets apiece for Avishkar Salvi and Ramesh Powar.
Mumbai: 443 all out
Hyderabad: 699 all out in 207.3 overs (Akshath Reddy 196, Hanuma Vihari 191, Bavanaka Sandeep 117; Ankeet Chavan 3/184).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters