Ranji Trophy 2012: Jadeja`s 111 helps Saurashtra reach 227/4 against Railways
Rajkot: All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja`s unbeaten 111 and his unfinished century partnership for the fifth wicket with Sitanshu Kotak helped Saurashtra make 227 for four against Railways in their Group A Ranji Trophy match at the SCA stadium here today.
Skipper Jaydev Shah won the toss and decided to bat, but the hosts had a poor start as the visitors` seam bowlers Krishnakant Upadhyay and Sanjay Bangar took two wickets each, reducing Saurashtra to 90 for four at one stage.
However, Jadeja and Kotak came to team`s rescue by adding 137 runs for the fifth wicket.
Jadeja, who took 142 balls to complete his century, was batting on 111 (224b, 10X4, 2X6) and Kotak was batting on 53 (133b, 9X4) when stumps were drawn on day one.
For Railways, Upadhyay and Bangar took two wickets each, giving away 53 runs and 46 runs respectively.
Brief Scores 1st innings: Saurashtra 227 for 4 in 90 overs (Ravindra Jadeja batting 111, Sitanshu Kotak batting 53, Krishnakant Upadhyay 2 for 53, Sanjay Bangar 2 for 46).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman