Ranji Trophy 2012: Jadhav`s century puts Assam on top
Guwahati: Captain Dheeraj Jadhav led from the front with a watchful unbeaten century to take hosts Assam to 220 for five at stumps on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match against Tripura, here on Friday.
Coming out to open the batting along with Pallav Kumar Das (14), Jadhav held Assam`s innings together with a patient 127 off 280 balls. He hit 17 boundaries during his unconquered knock.
After a short 55-run third-wicket partnership with Tarjinder Singh (17), Jadhav shared a 107-run stand with Gokul Sharma (41) for the fourth wicket to take Assam forward.
Jamaluddin Syed Mohammad (4) was giving Jadhav`s company at the close of play.
Pacer Timir Chanda was sensational with the ball for Tripura as he picked up all five Assam wickets, giving away just 50 runs from his 23 overs on the day.
Assam: 220 for five in 90 overs (Dheeraj Jadhav 127 not out, Gokul Sharma 41; Timir Chanda 5/50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state