Ranji Trophy 2012: Karnataka fight back through Uthappa, Pawan
Vadodara: Openers Robin Uthappa and KB Pawan scored half-centuries as Karnataka gave a strong reply to Baroda by reaching 148 for two in reply to hosts` 406 all out on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here on Saturday.
Uthappa was unbeaten on 67 while Pawan scored 56 as the two batsmen shared a 112-run stand for the first wicket.
Left-arm medium pacer Gagandeep Singh took both the Karnataka wickets as he caught and bowled Pawan and then trapped Ganesh Satish (5).
Manish Pandey (10) was giving company to Uthappa when stumps were drawn for the day.
Earlier, Stuart Binny (5/65) took a five-wicket haul even as Baroda added 98 runs to their overnight total before their first innings ended at 406.
The hosts lost the two overnight centurions early as Binny scalped both Aditya Waghmode (129) and Irfan Pathan (121). Waghmode added just 8 runs to his overnight total while Pathan added 15 runs.
Pinal Shah (19) and Ketan Panchal (29) added some useful runs to take the side past 400-run mark.
Binny trapped Panchal to complete his five-wicket haul while KP Apanna (3/53) added the wickets of Shah and Gagandeep Singh to his kitty.
Baroda 1st innings: 406 all out in 123.4 overs. (Waghmode 129, Pathan 121; S binny 5/65, Apanna 3/53)
Karnataka 1st innings: 148 for 2 in 55 overs.(Uthappa 67 batting, Pawan 56; Gagandeep Singh 2/15).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter