Ranji Trophy 2012: Ojha misses ton by a run, MP post 322/5
Indore: Naman Ojha was unfortunate to have missed a century by only a run as Madhya Pradesh recovered from a poor start to post 322 for five in their Ranji Trophy match against Bengal here today.
Ojha scored 99 off 116 balls and hit 16 fours and six before being stumped off legspinner Abhishek Jhunjhunwala`s bowling.
Sent into bat, Madhya Pradesh lost two early wickets before Ojha and Devendra Bundela steadied the innings with a 127-run stand for the third wicket to push Bengal on to the backfoot at the Holkar Cricket Stadium.
Bundela contributed 61 off 157 balls and his innings contained eight fours and a six.
Udit Birla made 50 off 61 balls and hit seven fours.
At stumps, Rameez Khan was batting on 35 while giving him company was Jalaj Saxena, who was batting on 44.
Promising pacer Shami Ahmed was the only Bengal bowler to shine as he finished the day`s play with figures of two for 50 in 20 overs. There was a wicket apiece for Jhunjhunwala and Veer Pratap Singh who bowled Bundela.
Madhya Pradesh: 322 for 5 in 90 overs (Ojha 99, Bundela 61, Birla 50; Shami Ahmed 2/68)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!