Ranji Trophy 2012: Ojha misses ton by a run, MP post 322/5
Indore: Naman Ojha was unfortunate to have missed a century by only a run as Madhya Pradesh recovered from a poor start to post 322 for five in their Ranji Trophy match against Bengal here today.
Ojha scored 99 off 116 balls and hit 16 fours and six before being stumped off legspinner Abhishek Jhunjhunwala`s bowling.
Sent into bat, Madhya Pradesh lost two early wickets before Ojha and Devendra Bundela steadied the innings with a 127-run stand for the third wicket to push Bengal on to the backfoot at the Holkar Cricket Stadium.
Bundela contributed 61 off 157 balls and his innings contained eight fours and a six.
Udit Birla made 50 off 61 balls and hit seven fours.
At stumps, Rameez Khan was batting on 35 while giving him company was Jalaj Saxena, who was batting on 44.
Promising pacer Shami Ahmed was the only Bengal bowler to shine as he finished the day`s play with figures of two for 50 in 20 overs. There was a wicket apiece for Jhunjhunwala and Veer Pratap Singh who bowled Bundela.
Madhya Pradesh: 322 for 5 in 90 overs (Ojha 99, Bundela 61, Birla 50; Shami Ahmed 2/68)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?