Ranji Trophy 2012: Umesh grabs five-for as Vidarbha bowl out Haryna for 55
Rohtak: India pacer Umesh Yadav wreaked havoc with a sensational five-wicket haul as Vidarbha shot out Haryana for just 55 runs on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy group B match, here on Friday.
Yadav led the Vidarbha attack admirably and conceded just 18 runs from his 13 overs. He was ably supported by his pace colleague Sandeep Singh who took four wickets for 11 runs from his 10.1 overs.
Shrikant Wagh took the remaining one wicket as the home side was shot out in 37.1 overs in the first innings after Vidarbha won the toss and elected to field at the Bansi Lal Cricket Stadium.
Vidarbha then put themselves in the drivers` seat as they replied with 78 for two in 37 overs to take a 23-run lead with eight first innings wickets intact.
Openers Faiz Fazal (33) and Aniruddha Chore (15) were the batsmen out off the bowling of Mohit Sharma and Chanderpal Saini respectively.
At stumps, Shiv Sunder Das was batting on 20 and Shalabh Shrivastava was giving him company on one.
It was a pathetic batting display by Haryana batsmen as only Priyank Tehlan (18) could score in double digits with four of them returning to the dressing room without opening accounts.
The Haryana batsmen looked like competing to get out in a hurry as their innings folded just after lunch. Their total could even have been lower had it not there been 15 runs in extras, the second highest contributor in the Haryana innings.
The home side could not forge any partnership worth the name, the highest being the 14 between Tehlan and Abhimanyu Khod for the fourth wicket.
Haryana 1st Innings: 55 all out in 37.1 overs (Priyank Tehlan 18; Umesh Yadav 5/18, Sandeep Singh 4/11).
Vidarbha 1st Innings: 78 for two in 37 overs (Faiz Fazal 33).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'