Ranji Trophy: Andhra, Jharkhand match ends in draw
Dhanbad: Andhra Pradesh pockted three points by virtue of first innings lead after their Ranji Trophy Group C match against Jharkhand ended in a draw here on Tuesday.
Needing to chase an improbable 143-run target for an outright win at the fag end of the day, Andhra finished at 32 for four in 10 overs in their second innings.
The outcome of the match was already decided after Jharkhand, resuming at 20 for no loss, declared their second innings at 295 for nine, thereby setting the improbable target in front of the visitors.
However, Andhra will take home three points from the match because of a vital 153-run first innings lead.
Andhra scored 410 in their first innings in reply to Jharkhand`s 257 all out.
Jharkhand: 257 and 295 for 9 in 91.3 overs (Saurabh Tiwary 99, Akash Verma 82; Shaik Basha 6/74).
Andhra Pradesh: 410 and 32 fof 4 in 10 overs.
Points: Andhra Pradesh 3, Jharkhand 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?