Ranji Trophy: Delhi coach Dahiya defends Sehwag, Gambhir for poor show
Ghaziabad: Delhi coach Vijay Dahiya on Friday defended his star players Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir`s poor show stating that it is not a big concern.
"Gautam was batting really well and everyone saw how he got out. I mean that`s part and parcel of the game. About Viru, he hit a couple of fantastic shots and he is someone who always backs himself. Initially, there was some help for the bowlers and some of our batsmen played false shots," Dahiya told reporters at the end of the day`s play.
Dahiya feels that such is the nature of the track that a possibility of an outright result can`t be overruled.
"It`s a good wicket and when I mean a good wicket, it`s such a strip where even bowlers get some help. I would back my bowlers to do a good job and also hope that there will be a result."
Uttar Pradesh medium pacer Imtiaz Ahmed credited team`s bowling coach Ashish Winston Zaidi for helping him as he ended with maiden five-for in first-class cricket.
"We didn`t have a lengthy camp but Venky sir (coach Venkatesh Prasad) told me to stick to my strengths. Also Zaidi bhai who has now watched me for a long time also helped me. My strength is bowling outswingers and I also like hitting the deck. The delivery that I got Gambhir out nipped a little bit after pitching," Imtiaz said as he collected the performer of the day memento provided by the local association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers