Ranji Trophy final to be held at Wankhede
Mumbai: Multiple-time champions Mumbai will have the home advantage in the Ranji Trophy final against Saurashtra as the summit clash would be held at the Wankhede Stadium here from January 26 to 30.
"Mumbai will play Saurashtra in the final of the Airtel Ranji Trophy 2012-13, at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, from 26 January 2013 to 30 January 2013," the BCCI said in statement.
K Hariharan and O Nandan have been appointed the field umpires. Virender Sharma will be the third umpire and Col. Chinmaya Sharma will be the match referee for the clash that will be telecast live.
Saurashtra qualified for the final by virtue of their 229-run win over Punjab in the semi-final, played at Rajkot. Mumbai made it to the summit clash after taking the first-innings lead in their drawn semi-final against Services at Delhi.
It will be Saurashtra`s first appearance in a Ranji Trophy final in 75 years, and 39-time champion Mumbai`s 44th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24